Everything you need to know about SEO, in 3 minutes.
Do you have 3 minutes? Learn about SEO success factors, techniques, and how to measure and improve your SEO score and rank for targeted keywords on major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Targeting the digital market can feel like taking a big dive into the unknown for a lot of small business owners and managers alike, especially when they’re unfamiliar with the online world best practices, techniques, and pitfalls. But nobody starts at the finishing line, nobody has all the answers before they begin. But, getting started is much easier, cheaper and quicker than you might think.
Speaking of budget, there are plenty of tricks that you could do within the digital space without spending a fortune – but when it comes to reaching new audiences, increasing sales, and achieving unprecedented growth, that’s when a little budget can go a long way. Every part of your digital marketing efforts is a great opportunity to reach more clients, build meaningful relationships, and transform consumers and potential clients to brand ambassadors ready to spread the word – so it’s all about starting small, testing, learning, and growing over time. The best part is that with a data-driven marketing strategy you’ll be able to increase revenues in just few months.
What is SEO?
SEO is a measurable, repeatable process that is used to send signals to search engines that your pages are ready to be included in SERP. More importantly, it is responsible for the first line your potential clients see while looking for a solution online.
SEO is responsible for aligning company digital image, brand offering and proposition(s) with consumers needs and searching behavior.
Bonus: SEO Plays a major role in any successful content marketing strategy.
Why is it important?
SEO can help small business owners, entrepreneurs and even multinational corporations create fast, robust, and user-friendly websites that rank higher in search engines, which in turn helps bring more qualified potential customers to their websites and ultimately increases conversion rates and ROI.
Ranking for relevant keywords can help establish trust, increase authority, and raise brand awareness and recognition. In a 2018 survey by HubSpot, SEO presence was still the top marketing priority for businesses.
- People using search engines are in the moment and are searching with the intent to take action or even make a purchase.
- Search engines are the #1 place used to conduct online research. In fact, according to a study by Fleishman-Hillard, 89% of customers begin their buying process with a search engine.
- According to a study by Chitika, websites listed on the first page of Google take 91.5% of all search traffic. Which means page two onwards is a battle for the scraps.
On-Page SEO represents implementing SEO factors in a website. It extends far more than meta tags and meta descriptions. It’s a strategy that should be followed in order to meet the right customers, at the right time, through the right channel.
On-Page SEO is a checklist that should be followed and constantly checked and optimized with the help of available SEO tools and checkers. For some of the key On-Page factors please check Anatomy of a Perfectly Optimized Page (2019 Update)
Unlike On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO refers to other activities that you can execute outside the boundaries of your website. Like
- Link Building
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Bookmarking
According to Moz: “While search algorithms and ranking factors are constantly changing, the general consensus within the SEO community is that the relevance, trustworthiness, and authority still play a major role in a page’s ability to rank”
SEO is a set of rapidly changing algorithms. In 2018 alone Google rolled out 12 updates, some of these updates had a drastic impact on ranking factors and their weight. Keeping up with these updates could easily consume a lot of time, and that’s where SEO tools can come in handy.
Here are 3 of the prominent SEO tools currently available
- Neil Patel: Neil Patel, the rising SEO star, recently released an SEO checker. Not only does it give you a general score and a percentage, it also breaks down keywords found on the website, the position of these keywords, and whether it was included in title, headline(s), body, and description. neilpatel.com/seo-analyzer/.
- Moz: When you need more than just a report. Moz, for a subscription fee, allows you to compare your site with those of your competitors, track keyword ranking, gives you crawl report, and more. moz.com.
- Site Checker Pro: Another great tool that can be utilized to audit homepage or the entire website. This tool allows you to check every page on your website against SEO factors and lets you know if there are any errors on your page. sitechecker.pro.